Welcome Connecticut's first and only Veterans Upward Bound Program!
What is Veterans Upward Bound?
Connecticut’s Veteran Upward Bound is a college preparatory program that assists veterans develop the academic skills necessary for success in postsecondary education. To aid in the veteran's success, the program provides personalized assessments and enhancement of basic academic skills. Through counseling, mentoring, tutoring, and academic instruction we want to ensure your success. Our goal is to increase the rate at which veterans enroll in and complete postsecondary education programs. We meet veterans where they are in their education journey and get them where they want to be.
Services provided under VUB:
- Academic and financial counseling
- Academic planning & course advising
- Assistance with college & FAFSA applications
- Academic skills assistance
- Navigating and applying for GI bill and VR&E benefits
- Review of your Joint Service Transcript and relatable careers
Why is VUB different than other programs?
- Coordination of educational and personal support services
- Highly accessible to veterans
- Academic support/instruction to ensure educational success
- Coordination of professional and academic goals
Thank you UConn!
Our team work closely with UConn's Veteran's Affairs and Military Programs team to unsure our veterans are getting the most out of their benefits.
VUB is grateful to UConn for the space, resources, and support of VUB, but we want veterans in our program to understand:
- You can attend any school in the state - This is not a UConn specific program.
- You do not have to pursue a four-year degree to apply- Community colleges as well!
- You are not guaranteed acceptance to UConn or any school upon completion of the program.